problems with cd/dvd drives fedora core 6

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 02:00:04 UTC 2007

--- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

I rebooted and dmesg found the drives again

hdc: DVD DC 16X8X5, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdd: RW-241040, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

hdc: ATAPI 48X DVD-ROM DVD-R-RAM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB
Cache, UDMA(33)
Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
hdd: ATAPI 40X CD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache,
UDMA(33)

but then Audio CD is found
Screenshot at
http://www.geocities.com/olivares14031/snapshot6.png

I selected do nothing

Tried opening k3b but it hung

Screenshot at
http://www.geocities.com/olivares14031/snapshot7.png

One of the drives is brand new.  The other one is old
and I disconnected it and still got

hdc: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady
SeekComplete }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hdc: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady
SeekComplete }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hdc: status error: status=0x50 { DriveReady
SeekComplete }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown

Thanks for any advice/suggestions given.

Regards,

Antonio