Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Mar 24 12:14:03 UTC 2007

On Saturday 24 March 2007, Chris Jones wrote:
>> Unforch, finding out how to add a new pull source such as remi's is
>> about like asking questions about hens teeth, very little info on the
>> subject seems to be extant.  It seems to me there should be a noarch
>> package that self installs the repo files, like there is from several
>> of the out of tree yum repo's.
>>
>> It would certainly be usefull.
>
>... and exactly that already exists. See (again...)
>
>http://remi.collet.free.fr/index.php?2005/10/02/8-telechargement-install
>ation-et-yum

Oh yes, that exists, no problem.  But the repo control directory for smart
is both in a different location, its in a different format, so it doesn't
appear that I can just move the yum.repos.d file to the smart tree
without modifying things in an as yet un-explained to me format.

I wasn't saying that the yum.repos.d files were pure unobtainium, but that
the corresponding smart formatted files were.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)