sendmail - deferred mail, No route to host?

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Sun Mar 25 18:32:14 UTC 2007

I'm running a FC5 box and using sendmail for my mail server.  A
couple of days ago I noticed some mail not leaving and reporting
deferred because of No route to host.  I tried to telnet to these
mail servers and get the same no route to host error.  So it seems
that they are in fact not reachable.  The odd thing is that they
should be busy mail sites.  One of them is my own ISP's mail server.
Any idea where to start looking for the problem?

Thanks very much,

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...