FC4 -> FC6

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 18:51:33 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 6:41:37 pm Rick Stevens wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 19:26 +0200, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> > Yes, that's ok, but what should I put ?
>
> Basically, go through each repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d and where ever
> you see the string "$releasever", replace it with the single character
> "6".

Bad advice, as this hardcodes your version number to 6...

better to do as another has suggested and to install
fedora-release-6-4.noarch.rpm which updates your $releasever to 6. Then
with 'yum update' the fun will start....

I suggest you backup your data first if you do this.
A FC(n) ->FC(n+1) is reasonable but still not really recommended, normally it
works for most people. FC(n) -> FC(n+2) is not so well tested...

Chris