shutdown via /etc/rc.d/rcN.d/KNN* files

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200703 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:01:46 UTC 2007

Can someone please explain the order of the /etc/rc.d/rcN.d/KNN* files
execution during shutdown?  First which directory is used for the
files rc0.d?

I have a few homegrown files that are are all symlinked as
K01<somethingorother> eg. they all start with "K01" and should be
executed first.  I only see a single one of the files executed, most
are skipped.  Does each file need a unique Knn number or is sharing a
number legal?

The files run fine is I do a "service foo start" or "service foo
stop".  It is just the automatic shutdown that seems to skip them.

-wolfgang