why my FC6 start so slowly?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 29 11:52:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 00:12 -0500, John wrote:
> :) After all the years with Windows, the net doesn't get turned on
> until everything is running.

You turn off the internet when you go off-line?  What about everyone
else wanting to use the internet?  ;-)

But being serious, if your modem/router is an important part of your
network, it needs to be up first.  You can make it less important, by
configuring static addresses into your computers, so that they only use
a modem/router for internet traffic.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.