[OT] Kannel related questions

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 31 10:29:27 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 16:35 +0800, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> 1. Where is it installed by default? I am asking this question because
> i can use
> # /etc/rc.d/init.d/kannel start
> as deemon but according to Kannel documentation it can be started in
> other ways like
> ./bearerbox -v 1 [config-file]
>
> 2. According to Kannel documentation, it comes with "smskannel.conf"
> as a sample file but I couldn't locate it anywhere (including
> /usr/share/doc/kannel-1.4.1). Where can I find it?

I don't know that package, but if it's installed from an RPM, you can
query the package to find out what files are in it, and where they'll
end up.

  e.g. rpm -ql httpd

  Will list all the files in an installed "httpd" package (Apache).

If you want to query an un-installed package, include the p option, and
use the filename instead of package name.

  e.g. rpm -qlp example_package.rpm

You can find particular installed commands with the "which" command.

  e.g. which chmod

And you can find other files, once they've been indexed by slocate with
the "locate" command.

  e.g. locate httpd.conf

There's other searching tools available, as well.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.