Launching the Gimp in English

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue May 1 15:15:46 UTC 2007

The Hebrew translation of the Gimp is very difficult to use because
some items were reversed for Right-to-Left, but the places to click
were not. Therefore, I'd like to use the gimp in English while keeping
my locale Hebrew. I created a bash script in ~/bin called gimp and
added it to my path:
[dotancohen at localhost bin]$ pwd
/home/dotancohen/bin
[dotancohen at localhost bin]$ ls -l
--snip--
-rwxrwxr-- 1 dotancohen dotancohen       32 אפר 22 10:44 gimp
[dotancohen at localhost bin]$ cat gimp
#!/bin/bash
export LANG=C
gimp

[dotancohen at localhost bin]$ cat ~/.bash_profile
--snip--
PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH

export PATH
[dotancohen at localhost bin]$

However, when I right-click a file and "Open with Gimp" it does not
open. What did I do wrong? Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/