Problem installing latest Livna NVidia packages

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed May 2 18:43:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Phil Meyer wrote:

> Tim wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 09:54 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone else had problems installing the latest Livna NVidia
>>> updates? Or do I have something screwed up?
>>
>> No, I haven't had any such problems.  It could be your network, or
>> further upstream (your ISP).
>>
>> You might want to try deleting what did get downloaded, from the yum
>> cache, and try again.  Just in case you've got some mangled bits
>> muddying things up.
>>

> # yum clean all

Yes, I know, and I had done that.  The error messages I originally
reported were for a clean run of yum.

I will investigate the claim of another poster that the problem has
cleared when I get home this evening.

I don't think it's my ISP (Bell South, AKA AT&T), as I've had no trouble
with other recent yum updates or other Livna NVidia updates via yum in the
past.  Just this most recent batch.  Also, I tried downloading the
packages and installing them by hand at one point and X just crashed.  I
haven't tried to troubleshoot that issue in any depth yet.

One other point.  I have another computer that uses the NVidia Legacy
drivers from Livna, and it won't update those either.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu