A question for the special (multimedia) keys on a laptop

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 02:04:25 UTC 2007

Doncho N. Gunchev wrote:
>   I use custom script to enable the multimedia keys on my laptop.
> Is there a proper/better way to get these working? Should I fill a
> bug report for that?
>
>   On my (not so) new laptop, Acer Aspire 5610, some of them do
> not generate key codes at all (eMail, Internet, ...). Is there a way
> to get them working?

When I acquired my Acer Aspire 5004, I had the same problem I eventually
got most of them to work by setting keyboard shortcuts under "Menu >
System > Preferences". I documented it in an installation report (link
below).

http://db.glug-bom.org/wiki/index.php/Laptop_Installation_Report_-_Acer_Aspire_5004

--
Regards