kernel upgrade with yum removed old kernels

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 7 19:33:50 UTC 2007

Kam Leo wrote:

> True. However, the track record for my submitted RFEs leads me to that
> conclusion. Getting "Not a bug" or "Won't fix" as the only feedback
> would discourage most people from such foolish pursuits.

Enhancements are decided on a case by case basis. Sweeping
generalizations are almost always mistaken.

> Yes, it does. If some one want to contribute code to the Linux kernel
> they have to follow a coding standard. A standard (one probably exits)
> can be applied to code developed within Fedora Core. Lack of or weak
> enforcement is the biggest headache.

Code developed within Fedora is very trivial compared to the amount of
software in the distribution. The large majority of code in inherited
from upstream projects and flows back into it. A standard for code or
enforcement of such within Fedora makes a negligible difference to the
end user experience unlike the kernel. Your assumption on that is
incorrect.

Upstream projects are primary about new development. You are not
comparing apples to apples if you compare the Linux kernel to Fedora.

A distribution is primarily about integration and we have large number
of guidelines and policies within Fedora for that and they are extended
quite often.

Rahul