Remote Tracking/Mirroring

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Thu May 10 13:13:53 UTC 2007

Les,

> Drbd http://www.drbd.org/ does it live.  If you can live with periodic
> snapshots instead, you can do it with rsync.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like a block-level mechanism,
which is exactly what I said I didn't want.  I want to be able to
intercept the open(2)/write(2)/close(2) calls and after passing them
on to normal ext3 filesystem, copy their contents over to an application
that will simply mimic the file operations, so that the destination
filestore can both be normal, contain other stuff and/or simply be
a small part of a large partition.

Jonathan