Printer lockup (FC4)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu May 10 17:41:08 UTC 2007

On Thursday 10 May 2007, Jack Byers wrote:
> Jack Byers     byersj at hotmail.com

> >had

> >printer

> try
>
> # /sbin/service cups restart

That was the first thing I tried, Jack.  In fact, cups is working fine, as I
can print to the other printers.

Usually, in the past, I have managed to restart a printer using the
localhost:631 interface.  Once, long ago, I had a situation very much like
the current one, and the only way I could resolve it was to remove that
printer and re-install.  I had hoped that either my understanding had
improved since then or the available tools were better - or both.  It seems
not.

Anne