gaming notebook recommendations?

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Fri May 11 14:44:21 UTC 2007

Em Sex 11 Mai 2007, Jim van Wel escreveu:
> Hi there,
>
> But then you can fallback on the older binary code? But you are right, they
> drop some older hardware. But then again, what is the best than for
> laptops? Ati? Intel? You tell me ;).

ATI has the same problems as nvidia, but their drivers are considerably worst,
in my opinion. I find that even their windows drivers are problematic.
I, for one, stand with the intel video chipsets if I'm going to buy a
notebook. I'm satisfied with the hardware and the drivers, but I'm not a
gamer. nvidia 3D performance is of course much better, but then you have to
live with the proprietary drivers. I don't consider using ATI with Linux, but
that's just me.

[]'s
Marcelo