Screen resolution

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun May 13 06:38:35 UTC 2007

On 13/05/07, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:
> | From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>
>
> | My Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 laptop has 1680x1050 display. However, I
> | can't get anything higher than 1400x1050 out of Fedora. This is my
> | xorg.cong:
>
> | Section "Device"
> |       Identifier  "Videocard0"
> |       Driver      "vesa"
> | EndSection
>
> Guess: the VESA driver can only support resolutions listed in the
> video BIOS.  Your video BIOS probably does not have the 1680x1050
> resolution as one of its modes.  This would not limit a native driver
> (except the intel one).
>
> What is the video controller?  If Intel, google for "915resolution".

I only wish it were the Intel video controller. It's the ATI X1400. I
finally got the resolution I need, and Google Earth running, bu adding
these sections to xorg.cong:

Section "Module"
        load "GLcore"
        load "glx"
        load "dri"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Group 0
        Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option "Composite" "Disable"  # this makes DRI work with fglrx
EndSection

And by adding Modes  "1680x1050" to the Screen|Display section.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/6/402/pink_floyd/the_wall_1.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/ufo.html