Intel Pro Wireless 3945

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue May 15 08:01:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 09:42:48PM -0400, John Dey wrote:
> Axel,
>
> I installed using the yum install command given below.  The packages
> installed without any errors.  I still don't have a wireless
> connection.
>
>  iwlist scan shows the device eth1 and the mac of the wap on the
> network.  Another host using fedora core 5 with a wireless adaptor
> currently successfully connected to the WAP.  I ran lsmod | grep 3945
> and get:
>
> ipw3945			195755		1
> ieee80211		54132		ipw3945
>
> From the above can you or anyone, for that matter, tell me what I'm
> missing.  If additional info needed, let me know and I will run.
> Thanks.

Have you started the regulatory daemon (ipw3945d)?

If you want to automate this check out
http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/INSTALL (AUTOMATIC DAEMON LOADING VIA
MODPROBE), but beware, there are racing issues, so the suggested
modprobe tricks only work on some systems (which is why it isn't done
by the packages automatically).

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net