How to make a batch file to start program and close the old window?

Arch Willingham arch at tuparks.com
Tue May 15 12:45:49 UTC 2007

I made a Linux (FC7) batch file that starts a terminal server session. The batch file (called termserv.sh) contains these lines:

#!/bin/bash
#######
rdesktop -P -f -u billybob our.computer.com -r printer:"printer4=HP Officejet 5600 series"

The kicker is is that the black terminal window stays open. Is there some command in the batch file that, in essence, just starts/runs the other process and then lets the back box close?

Thanks!

Arch