Where Fedora Went Wrong (nice conclusion)

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:34:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 21:45 +0100, David Fletcher wrote:

> Is this a reasonable opinion? I don't mind if the list disagrees, but I would
> be interested in reading some points of view from others.
>
> Dave

Dave, please notice that most of the complaints are over "upgrading" and
that several of us rant endlessly about how a clean install is always
preferable. Ergo, good advice gets ignored and then the crying towel
gets tossed into the ring. Owell, I hate to get to this point but it's
"screw 'em". "A hard head makes a soft ass" is what is said behind the
razor wire... and it holds as a proof in this case.

After all, this crate is close to the bleeding edge, so a couple of
burps in the barrel during an upgrade can become a huge problem. It's
predictable, it computes and it happens. To then run off to complain
about a broken system which becomes magically "fixed" by a clean install
to another distro is just this side of lame. To know that the majority
of these users head to Ubuntu is enough to keep me here, where the
majority of the users left here are clearly clicking on all cylinders.

Ric