installing probs with configure - general question

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Sat May 19 21:16:24 UTC 2007

Andreas Bernauer wrote:
> Tom Poe wrote on Sat, May 19 2007 at 14:51 (-0500):
>
>> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
>> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
>> checking for SAMPLERATE... yes
>> checking for SNDFILE... yes
>> checking for GAVL... configure: error: *** gavl >= 0.2.3 not found -
>> this program requires the gmerlin audio
>>  video library >= 0.2.3 http://gmerlin.sourceforge.net/ ***
>>
>> So, where do I look to find out why ./configure for openmovieeditor
>> can't see my installed gavl?
>>

> Check configure.log (or config.log?) in the directory where you ./configure.
> There you usually can see why the check failed.
>
> Andreas.

configure:6576: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "gavl >= 0.2.3"
Package gavl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gavl.pc'
No package 'gavl' found
configure:6579: $? = 1
Package gavl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gavl.pc'
No package 'gavl' found
configure:6595: error: *** gavl >= 0.2.3 not found - this program
requires the $  video library >= 0.2.3 http://gmerlin.sourceforge.net/ ***

]$locate gavl.pc
/home/tom/temp/gavl-0.2.5/gavl.pc
/home/tom/temp/gavl-0.2.5/gavl.pc.in
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gavl.pc

So, I did this:  ]$ *export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/ *
and then,  echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/

Will carry on, and thank you very much for your help.
Tom