Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?

Bill Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun May 20 15:59:06 UTC 2007

Hi;

Sorry if this is a duplicated posting.  Not sure the first one got through.
This one has some added info.

I am getting the following error:
"Unable to connect to POP server pop.broadband.rogers.com.
Error sending password: -ERR Error logging in. Please visit
http://mail.yahoo.com

Please enter the POP password for billlinux on host
pop.broadband.rogers.com"

The problem may be related to the nfs-utiles.  That is the only upgrade
I have made in the last 24 hours.  The password is correct; I can get to
my billlinux mail through the rogers.com home page when I login as
billlinux both through Linux Firefox and WindowsXP I.E.

billlinux is a sub-account on my rogers.com main account.  I have
removed billlinux from both Evolution and Mail Notification and
re-installed it in both applications.  My separate Gmail account
continues to be found; my main account logs in correctly.

smtp cannot send mail error:  "Unable to authenticate to SMTP server.
Bad authentication response from server." , and,
"Unable to authenticate to SMTP server.
AUTH command failed: Broken pipe" , and,
"Unable to authenticate to SMTP server.
AUTH command failed: Interrupted system call"

All and any help gratefully received.

--
Regards Bill