Fedora 7 and VMware - Problems

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Sun May 20 23:17:51 UTC 2007

I am having a great deal of difficulty with Fedora 7 Test 4 being installed
as a "guest" OS on VMware running on a Windows XP host.

I have managed to get every other Fedora release to run as a guest under
VMware except Fedora Core 4 (never did get that one to run).  Some of them
fought rather hard but finally gave in and ran (FC2, FC5) and others
dropped in place pretty much out of the box and Just Worked (FC3, FC6).

I'm wondering if it would be worth it and helpful for me to post problem
reports on the bugzilla, related to VMware.

I tried this once before, when I was having all the trouble with FC4, and
was basically told "We don't support VMware" with the clear implication
that they didn't want to know about any bugs that were VMware related, nor
did they plan to investigate them if reported.

If any of you developers of F7 are monitoring this list... would you like
me to report the problems I am having under VMware, or would that be an
unnecessary distraction?

Eric Poole
Burgoyne, Nolet & Poole, Inc.
www.bnpconsulting.com