FC6 sound gone

Christian Menzel christian.menzel at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:25:46 UTC 2007

On 5/21/07, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeez, what kind of soundcard is it? IRQ conflict might not be out of the
> question. If you're still desperate, jerk more cards out to see if that
> resolves a possible conflict. What kind of mo-board and processor, how
> much ram?  I assume you have checked the mixer, got the speakers plugged
> in,? Plugged into the "speaker out" and not the "mike"? (I've done
> that!) They are turned on and the volume about halfway up.
>
> If it's a good ole ISA SoundBlaster AWE64, they have mentioned that
> support has been dropped and it takes a bit of wrangling to get one to
> work. Ric

It's a PCI soundblaster which was working for month without any problems.
When I boot a live system from DVD sound is working.
I think it stopped working when I tried to use Audacity to capture from lineIn.

There must be a master mixer or something that thinks the card is muted.
Even if I boot into runlevel 3 and try auplay as root, I hear nothing.

Waiting for FC7...
Chris