Checkbox for "Install Everything"

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 21 22:08:06 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> It's hardly a RPM issue if users select mutually exclusive packages.
>> That's a logical issue that needs solving manually.  i.e. Which of these
>> packages don't *you* want installed, as a question to be answered by the
>> installing *person*.

jdow:
> Done properly RPM would inform you of the conflict and do nothing. The
> fact that it does something is dangerous.

Everything it does is "something".  If it aborts installing, picks one
of your choices to ignore, or tries to jam both on, there's going to be
problem for some people.  It may well be that you can't continue an
installation without resolving the issue.  I can't see a foolproof way
to let RPM (or anything else) handle it for you.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.