Checkbox for "Install Everything"

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Tue May 22 02:23:54 UTC 2007

At 06:08 PM 5/21/2007, Tim wrote:

> [...]
resolving the issue.  I can't see a foolproof way to let RPM (or anything
else) handle it for you.<<<<<

In that case the "something" that RPM does is alert you to the conflict and
give you some reasonable choices for resolving the conflict, after which
RPM continues the installation.

One of the things I tried when I tried (and failed) to install KDE was to
select some other packages as well, that didn't have anything to do with
KDE.  When "Add / Remove Programs" hit the conflict when trying to install
KDE, it aborted without installing any of the other (independent) packages
I selected either.  Minor annoyance.