KMail + IMAP - help urgently sought

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue May 22 16:35:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 16:29:15 +0100, Timothy Murphy scripst:
> I don't know what you mean by "purging the account". The wastebin is
> automatically emptied when I leave kmail.

Yes, that's what I meant in this context.

> Well, is dovecot IMAP compatible with kmail maildir format?

nu -- this question doesn't make much sense to me -- maildir is maildir
and IMAP is IMAP, what do they have in common? You either access to your
messages through IMAP (presumably on remote server, but it could be
localhost without problems) or you access them as maildirs' directly.

> As far as I can see, dovecot does not offer dIMAP.

no, that's just kmail's name of Disconnected IMAP -- it makes no
difference on server.

Matej