tetex xetex fedora 7 wish

Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Tue May 22 18:48:35 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Steven W. Orr wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, May 22nd 2007 at 09:42 -0500, quoth Rex Dieter:
>>
>> =>Fran?ois Patte wrote:
>> =>
>> =>> I am wondering if fedora will make a rpm package of xetex. tetex is
>> now =>> quite dead for it is no more maintained....
>
>> Ok, you have my attention.
>> Why do you say tetex is quite dead? I use it a lot.
>
> dead = upstream tetex no longer exists => no updates, no fixes, no future.

Just saw this:

http://www.tug.org/tetex/

De-support notice
I (Thomas Esser) have decided not to make new releases of teTeX any more
(May 2006). The information below might get out of date as time goes by.
I suggest anybody interested in teTeX to join the TeX Live project.

What is the TeX Live Project?

--
  21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18