webcams, again

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed May 23 12:00:14 UTC 2007

Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > Does anyone out there have the Logitech STX Communicate webcam working
> > with FC6?  And, if so, what was required besides plugging it in?
> No. But  you should need gspcav1 kernel module:
>
> http://atrpms.net/dist/fc6/gspca/
>
> Install and load the module (or reboot).
>
> --
> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> LCG - UFRJ
How does one deal with this?

camE
can't load font arial/8
can't load font arial/8
can't load offline image /home/gilbertt/.block.jpg, ignoring

open /dev/video0: No such file or directory

The camera is there -

lsusb
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 046d:0870 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Express
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c408 Logitech, Inc. Marble Mouse (4-button)
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Obviously there is something I have not done?

Bob Goodwin