OT: Requesting C advice

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Wed May 23 21:08:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Frank Cox wrote:

> On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:59:26 -0700 (PDT)
> George Arseneault <george_arseneault2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> What I'm looking for is any advice on where I can get
>> this info.  Preferably free docs and how-to's, since I
>> don't have the cash to buy any books. (Though, I could
>> try the library's inter-branch loan program. My branch
>> has no C books and nothing about computers less than
>> 10 years old.)
>
> This is my number-one indispensable reference book for C programming:
>
> The Standard C Libarary, by P.J. Plauger, Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-131509-9
>
> Perhaps your library could get it for you, but it is really something
> that you want to keep close by.  Mine lives on the shelf right beside my
> computer, along with several "friends".

That's the third book in my C "trinity".  The others are:

Kernighan and Ritchie, The C Programming Language 2nd Edition, Prentice
Hall, ISBN-10: 0-13-110362-8.

Harbison and Steele, C: A Reference Manual 5th Edition, Prentice Hall,
ISBN 0-13-089592X.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences