Having an Evolution and Mail notification Problem?

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Wed May 23 21:49:17 UTC 2007

> > Our IT staff are being told by someone new to the organization that it
> > is exchange and only exchange.  No forwarding or anything else.  They
> > even toasted our mail lists and supports mail lists for a few months.
> >
> > No Imap, No pop.  This even upsets our local IT staff.
>
> Use the situation to demand a laptop just for the purpose of running
> outlook.  Park it next to your real desktop and run synergy so you can
> share a keyboard and cut/paste between systems most of the time. It will
> solve your problem and the person in charge obviously doesn't care about
> costs.

Sounds like when I was at 3COM and we did basically the same. We had a
Linux Network for real work with CVS, and a corporate compliant pile of
crap which was theoretically a ton more powerful so that random US
offices could inflict lotus notes on us and tell us in the UK that Maria
in the west california office had brought donuts.

At that point I left, and shortly afterwards economics caught up with the
rest of the inefficiencies and market forces did the rest.

Alan