[Fedora] Re: bind lame servers

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri May 25 04:17:28 UTC 2007

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> You should not allow recursive queries from outside of your network.

    Hrm, not sure what you're referring to ... yet.  Looks like I'll be
delving back into some of my bind books to figure this 'recursive' thing
out.  Looking back, the requests were coming in by the hundreds, from
several dozen IPs.  And they're all hitting ONE of the 5 DNS servers we
have.  Not even the secondary (to that one), just that one single
machine.  Odd.  Oh well.  It's gone away now that I've got them
firewalled out.  Until they take over another network and start up
again...  Can't even begin to wonder why they're querying DNS servers
like that...

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6