Upgraded FC4 to FC5 - no access to internet

philbrog at ptd.net philbrog at ptd.net
Mon May 28 14:48:03 UTC 2007

I upgraded from FC1 to FC2 successfully, and had access to the internet using
FC2

I upgraded from FC2 to FC3 successfully, and had access to the internet using
FC3.

I upgraded from FC3 to FC4 successfully, and had access to the internet using
FC4.

Then I upgraded from FC4 to FC5, now I have no access to the internet using
FC5.  I can use smbclient to get to a WinXP share on my home network
successfully.  I can access my router via http://192.168.1.1 successfully.

Does FC5 come with a default ipchains or firewall setup that may be
preventing me from accessing the internet?

Any other ideas?  I'm sure I'll need to provide more info but not sure what
to provide at this point, so I'll wait for requests for more info.  Thanks!