I love IP Tables....

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 00:48:53 UTC 2007

From: "David G. Miller" <dave at davenjudy.org>

> I'm a currently unemployed (I call it "trial retirement") geek.  I put
> together my own network as a hobby and to learn networking.  I am
> constantly amazed at how useful Google is for finding all of the arcane
> things that people need to know in order to do more than just have a
> client connection.  The trick is to start paranoid and only open things
> up once you're sure that you know what you're doing.  This list is also
> invaluable for that although you will probably get ten different (and
> all correct) answers for any questions you ask.

Yeah, I tried when I burned out at <mumble>. 3 years or so later I was
back working as a consultant writing software from home. It's a blast
that way. I can't stand doing nothing. And unfortunately I am not a
social butterfly who has fun pestering other people all the time. So....

{^_-}    Work keeps me alive. I work therefore I am.