Two Battery Issue

chris at idlelion.net chris at idlelion.net
Wed May 30 13:48:19 UTC 2007

I have a ThinkPad T60 and I swapped out the optical drive for an extra
battery. The main battery is a 9-cell Li-Ion, and the bay battery is a
3-cell equivalent Li-Polymer.

I'm running FC6 and Gnome desktop. The gnome-power-manager seems to
display the total charge correctly, in that it knows that when the bay
battery reaches 0% (or maybe 1% sometimes) that the total charge is still
at 75 or 80%.

The ThinkPad uses the bay battery first, and when that gets drained, the
machine suspends immediately with no notice or chance to stop. While it's
not catastrophic, it is a bit annoying.

Is there any configuration I can tweak to avoid the suspend, or should I
file a bug report?

Thanks,
Chris