F7 Mirrors Open?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu May 31 04:30:36 UTC 2007

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 22:43:13 -0400,
>   Thom Paine <painethom at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the torrent. I appreciate it.
>
> I download a lot from Fedora's mirrors and like to give back some when I can.
>
> P.S. People that grab copies from various mirrors or torrents tonight and
> that can spare bandwidth tomorrow can join the appropiate torrents.
> Just put the iso(s) and SHA1SUM files in a directory and tell your bittorrent
> client to publish to that directory. There is a short delay while the
> file hashes are checked and after that you are republishing the files.
> If there is a full iso and a rescue iso you will want to have both of them
> or else you will starting downloading the missing one.
Bruno,

I would like to get a iso-info dump from the iso you have already
downloaded. I'm working on a utility {to construct an iso from already
downloaded fragments = development repo}.
The command to use: {you do have to have libcdio rpm installed so that
the iso-info command is available:}

$ iso-info -q -l -i /path/to/my/downloaded/F-7-i386-DVD.iso | bzip2 -c
 >F-7-i386-DVD.iso.iso-info.txt.bz2

and :
$ isoinfo -lR -i /path/to/my/downloaded/F-7-i386-DVD.iso | bzip2 -c
 >F-7-i386-DVD.iso.isoinfo.txt.bz2

The files once zipped are only about 30 kB each.
Also, the same for the rescue iso {if you you have it- change the names}.

David Timms