Network install FC7

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Nov 2 04:43:16 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 21:25 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> I want to install FC8 on a machine without a DVD, but with a CD drive.
>
> Which is it, FC 7 or 8?  The subject description is different from the
> message, and which one you're actually doing might be able to pinpoint
> the problem.

Sorry, typo. I was trying to install FC7, since I have given that a good
test drive, and that fails. However, the FC8 CD (live CD) did do an
install just fine, and then updated 400+ packages. But FC8 is a bit
untried for my taste, I'd rather not put it on a machine which will be
used by a someone who is a reluctant user of computers at all and (b)
must approve my capital budget for 2008.

She loves the machine she has, but it's my personal machine, taken away
and put under her desk until I give her one she likes.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>