Beryl issue - no title bar on windows and can't start beryl

Sudheer Satyanarayana sudheer.s at binaryvibes.co.in
Sat Nov 3 15:39:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

I clicked on the beryl-manager icon to launch it. I selected beryl
window manager and the desktop froze. The keyboard would not function. I
had to restart the computer by pressing the power switch on CPU.

Now when I can't launch beryl manager to switch back to another window
manager. When I try the desktop freezes. The blue color title bar is
missing on all windows. Therefore, I can't access the minimize, maximize
and close buttons. I can't resize any windows either. There is no
beryl-manager icon on the tray.

How can I fix this problem? beryl-manager was working before. It has
been a long time since I used it. I don't know what happened to it now.

[sudheer at localhost ~]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.22.2-42.fc6 #1 SMP Wed Aug 15 12:34:26
EDT 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
[root at localhost ~]# rpm -qa|grep beryl
beryl-core-0.2.0-1.fc6
beryl-settings-0.2.0-1.fc6
beryl-manager-0.2.0-1.fc6
beryl-plugins-0.2.0-1.fc6