minimal install fc7

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Nov 5 15:03:17 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 10:14 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> lostson wrote:

> > <snip>
> >
> >  Would Revisor possibly work for you for something like this. Create
> > your own iso with revisor, you could make it very minimal with
> > everything you want.
>
> I presume you're speaking to me?
>
> debian does it easily, with no frigging around at all. And, if I want
> openvpn, dar, bacula, amanda. backuppc, Xephyr, or Bozotic, it's just an
> apt-get away.

As does Fedora.  I always do text based installs (seem to me to be
faster), and when I get to the package install list, I just hit the
space bar to un-check everything I don't want.  If you un-check
everything, you get about the same as if you'd kickstarted with @base.

Then yum allows me to install or groupinstall anything I want out of the
Fedora world.  Easy.  No need to use Debian.
--
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, RHCI, CNE, MCSE, MCT
Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?