alfresco installation?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Nov 7 22:13:43 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Jeff Gustafson wrote:
> > >
> > >   anyway, pointers to the recipe for fedora installation would do just
> > > fine.  thanks.
> >
> > 	I have previously installed it using the .war file and the existing
> > tomcat that comes with F7.  I only replaced the gcj with Sun's java.
> > 	I also had to change a couple of paths in the webapps/alfresco
> > directory so that it would write files to the proper place and also be
> > consistent with the Fedora directory standards.  If I recall, I changed
> > a line regarding the log4j path and also changed the path for the
> > repository files.  I can lookup those changes if you have trouble
> > locating them.
>
> I'd like to get this running too - any tips would be appreciated.

ok, i put up a prelim wiki page here:

  http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Alfresco_on_Fedora_8

essentially, i'm testing if i can install, configure and run it using
nothing but the instructions that come with it, just to see how easy
it is.  anyway, feel free to peruse what little is there now and fill
in some of the blanks.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA