Network install FC7

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Thu Nov 8 22:56:00 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:

<snip />

> linux install \
>  method=http://my_mrepo_server/mrepo/fc7-x86_64/disc1 \
>  ks=http://my_http_server/auto.config/ks-fc7-x86_64.cfg
>
> I would expect that the NFS install should work as well but I simply
> can't test it out until well into next week as my primary concern is
> getting the various f8 local repository mirrors all functional and
> installs/updates rockin.

I have successfully installed f7 several times using pxeboot and nfs.

The nfs server contains the F-7-i386-DVD.iso and a kickstart file, ks.cfg.

I network boot the target machine and let it rip.  Takes about 5 minutes
to do a Base install onto a low end white box.  The iso is not mounted,
it is just present within an nfs exported directory.

Here is the boot stanza from the tftp server:

LABEL f7 kickstart
         MENU LABEL Install f7 w/ ^kickstart
         KERNEL images/vmlinuz vga=0x317
         APPEND ksdevice=eth0 load_ramdisk=1 initrd=images/initrd.img
network ks=nfs:nfs:/exports/f7/ks.cfg

Works great!

:m)