f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 9 22:42:48 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:

>> is this right?
> You could do that if you made sure NM runs only in rl5 and network only
> in rl 3 but I don't think the change wold be automatic when you go to rl
> 3

What? Configure the network twice?

I would be happy if the standard KDE (I use KDE) network configuration
too, whether it uses NM or not, configured the network, and gave me the
option to make the configuration persistent over runlevels and whether
anyone's logged in or not.

BUT, and this is important, but I don't have desktop software installed
on all my machines, and I often don't use it even when it is. I still
need to configure the network though.

--

Cheers
John