Excessive network traffic -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Nov 11 16:33:14 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 10:22 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> Can someone suggest what I need to put in the config file to view
>> everything happening on eth0?  I have not yet put anything in config.
>>

> It's absolutely ages since I set up MRTG to watch my router.  I did it
> the hard way, first.  Pouring over documentation to work out what to put
> into the configuration file.  Later, I played with the /usr/bin/cfgmaker
> tool that comes with it.
>
> Investigate the different files you find listed with:  rpm -ql mrtg

/usr/bin/cfgmaker
Usage:
    cfgmaker [options] [community@]router [[options] [community@]router ...]

I can probably muddle through the options with a few trials but I am
lost  with "community@]router"

My router is known only as 192.168.1.1 but I'm looking at the output of
the Wildblue receiver/modem and don't know how to address this except as
eth0 on box10, the computer in which mrtg resides.

Any idea what goes there?

Bob Goodwin