long wait...

Christopher A. Williams fedoralists at cawllc.com
Mon Nov 12 05:06:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 09:13 +0100, Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
> Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> >
> > Really? I have never been able to get the 32-bit plugins for Flash or
> > Acrobat to work. If you have the magic incantation for these to work
> > with F8_X64, please do tell. I switched to a 32-bit PAE kernel instead.
> >
> That's probably because you use a 64 bit compied web browser.... which
> indeed needs
> 64 bits compiled plugins which adobe does not provide. You can make all
> this work by
> installing and running the 32 bits version of your web browser.

Close. Actually I already got this fixed with someone else's help.

Using nspluginwrapper (masquerading as mozilla-plugin-config) allows you
to use 32-bit plugins with 64-bit Firefox. Works like a champ!

Cheers,

Chris

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.

--Yogi Berra