f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 12 23:08:17 UTC 2007

> You would/should know more about this than I would but I am reasonably
> sure that NW has been discussed and that they are working on it or a
> replacement for it. I could be wrong. Probably am. I do recall reading
> that whatever KDE tries to do is supposed to be really poor. Or was.

KDE also uses NM. It has its own frontend (knetworkmanager) which (at
least for me) works just as well as the gnome frontend.

As for a replacement for NM, sure why not, if it works better. I wasn't
aware of anything aiming to replace NM, but a quick web search came up
with wicd - looks interesting.

Chris