NCFTP and IPV6.

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Nov 13 07:36:10 UTC 2007

Ed Greshko wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>> William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>>      In F7, ncftp-3.2.0 would gladly use the IPV6 address of a host if
>>> offered.  In F8, ncftp-3.2.1 ignores the v6 address in favor of the v4
>>> address.  I understand that a patch is required.  Does anyone know if
>>> it will be added as errata in the lifetime of F8?
>> I thought ncftp had died. I used it as far back as my OS/2, but about
>> ncftp 3.x I think it was it was changed incompatibly and became less
>> useful to me.
>>
>> These days I use lftp as my preferred ftp client. I think it's part of
>> the default set.
>
> I'm sorry, I have to ask.
>
> How does that being to answer the OP's question?  I mean it doesn't even say
> that lftp does what the OP wants.  Some folks may consider that answer
> almost as bad as a poorly formed question.

I'm sure Bill will ask for clarification if he needs it.

I don't know whether it does IP6 because I don't use IP6 and don't even
know where to go to test it. However, Bill's a capable fellow and well
able to install it and try it.

Functionally, ncftp and lftp do a pretty similar job.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait