Fedora 8 irqbalance fails on shutdown

Bob rhlists at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 13 16:05:15 UTC 2007

From: Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com>

> Greg Sieranski wrote:
> > I recently did a fresh install of F8(2.6.23.1-49) on my T60p and now
> > on shutdown I always seem to get a irqbalance: failed message. I did
> > not have any problems with this when I ran F7. Does anyone know of any
> > issues involving irqbalance? Is there a way for me to find out why it
> > is failing?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > gs
> >
>     No help but I too see the same thing. So your not the only one.

Does your machine have dual processors or a duo core processor?  Irqbalance balances interrupts between multiple processors.  If you do not have multiple processors just diable it in Services and you will not see the error anymore.

I am thinking that the T60P does have a duo core processor, if that is the case you probably should report it in Bugzilla...

Bob