How do I install XFCE?

Alan M. Evans fedoralist at alanevans.org
Tue Nov 13 17:44:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 23:09 -0800, Knute Johnson wrote:
> It's not on the DVD

Egad! You're right! Whose brilliant idea was that? I'm sure they will be
duly thanked by all those of us with marginally old hardware...

Can anyone point to a page describing the rationale for leaving that
option off the default install, or else oblige me with such a
description?

I can't believe that XFCE added much to the multi-GB DVD image. Maybe
not the *most* popular choice, but the utility is very high for some.