FC8 how to get static IP working

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 22:44:19 UTC 2007

On 2007-11-13 07:51 +0000, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2007 1:58 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>> Chu Tan wrote:
>> > I've used fedora's network configuration tool to setup eth0 to use a
>> > static IP address, however it always boot up using DHCP.
>> Change BOOTPROTO=static
>
> You also may have to stop and disable NetworkManager (in System ->
> Administration -> Services in Gnome) as it might be clobbering your
> manual settings with its automagic settings. NM and the network config
> tool are mutually exclusive.

This should have been mentioned in the release notes. On the one hand,
it advertised the integration of NM but on the other hand a conflicting
package is installed.

I chose to use NM as recommended by the release notes (i think many
others do) and then just to find that it failed for static IP.

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

          Use the best OS -- http://www.fedoraproject.org/