How do I install XFCE?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 14 01:41:12 UTC 2007

dexter wrote:
> On Tue November 13 2007 23:38:00 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> It surprises me that so many people would feel the need but not make it
>> happen.
>>
>> Rahul
>
> Why the surprise, this is a gnome distro. All other desktops are left to
> volunteers.

You have a need for it then you step up to fill that need. That is how
free software projects work. How GNOME is managed in Fedora is
irrelevant to the KDE spin or a potential Xfce spin. A number of GNOME
components are managed by volunteers too. With the infrastructure and
tools, you could build your own Fedora instead of merely being a consumer.

Rahul