pulseaudio == disaster ??

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 14 03:42:03 UTC 2007

Subject: Re: pulseaudio == disaster ??

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:56:25 -0500
"David A. De Graaf" <dad at datix.us> wrote:

 > > 5 - The http://www.pulseaudio.org/ web page is a paean to the
wonders of
 > > this new system, but has precious little instruction on how to
 > > actually make it work.

My impression exactly. I even figured out I probably needed
a daemon running, so I tried to find out the name of the program
to run or what arguments to give it. The information may be on
the pulseaudio web site somewhere, but it is hidden under
the enormous pile of self promotion  :-) .

I removed the alsa pulseaudio plugin pagkage and everything
is back to normal  :-) .

What *exactly* is the package to be removed called? Please?

Geoff