Skype F8

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 23:27:46 UTC 2007

I have this problem too.
I have an x86_64 system and skype is an i386 package.
I noticed that alsa-plugins-pulseaudio-1.0.14-5.fc8 is not available  as
mulitlib.
 I got the error
 ALSA lib control.c:874:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library
/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so
ALSA lib control.c:874:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library
/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so
ALSA lib control.c:874:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library
/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so

and after manually install of alsa-plugins-pulseaudio from i386 repository,
it doesn't come anymore, but sound doesn't work.
On 17/10 I made a call from rawhide with skype 1.4.0 so I think the problem
could be with alsa patches and/or pulseaudio after that date.

NOTES:
1) when connecting headphones and playing sample audio, I have only on right
side, while few weeks ago it was ok
2) how to disable pulseaudio and use alsa directly? alsamixer gives only
pulseaudio interface....
3) I also tried with no sound skype 2.0 beta
4) problem is both with 42 and 49 kernel

Gianluca